The topic of our most recent Lunch & Learn session was Report Customization. You can create customized reports within Loan Presentation to create report packages to take to loan committee for approval. Customized reports can also be accessed within Collections & Work-Out if you would like to create a report for a Work-Out Plan or Annual Review.
Some tips about Report Customization:
- You have two sections of narrative text: Customer Narrative and Loan Narrative. Your Customer narrative is specific to the borrower (such as management background or analysis of the financials). If you work on a new proposed loan for the same borrower, your Customer Narrative will automatically be included and you would just need to update the information. Loan Narrative is specific to the transaction (such as sources of repayment or loan purpose). You would enter new Loan Narrative for each new loan. The space in your narrative text boxes is unlimited and your report will dynamically grow to accommodate all of your narrative comments.
- Your narrative text boxes can be renamed; for example: if you do not like the Customer Narrative text box labeled “Customer Background” you can change it to something like “History.”
- Report Customization is created by “building” a report out of smaller sections, or Subreports. There are two styles of Subreports: Customer and Loan. Customer Subreports include information like a Loan Summary, Spread data, and Customer Narrative. Loan Subreports include the loan-to-value, borrowers on the loan, and Loan Narrative, among others.
- Select the Subreports that you want to include on your Customized Report, and change the order in which the Subreports appear. Give your report a name.
- You can create as many customized reports as you want to accommodate different scenarios, such as a commercial credit versus an agricultural credit, or a loan over a certain dollar threshold versus under.
If you have any questions about Report Customization, please contact Customer Support at 888.848.7349, Option 1 or email@example.com.
Lunch & Learn training sessions are free to Suntell customers and occur on the first and third Wednesday of every month. Visit our Lunch & Learn page to watch recordings from previous sessions, or sign up for upcoming sessions.